Want to be added to the directory? Great! Those on the Paleo diet tend to stick to a fairly strict criteria for their foods and other basic needs. If you meet the following requirements then select Submit to Directory to get added. Please note that this is for the Piedmont Triad area currently but we do make exceptions for many farms since so many sell their products in this area.
- Zero tolerance for GMO produce
- Non-GMO feeds used along with soy or corn (most are GMO anyway)
- Grass-Fed or Pastured livestock (Grain finished is not acceptable especially for those of us with Gluten sensitivities)
- No pesticides or chemical fertilizers
- Gluten-Free menus available (even better if it's based on a Paleo structure)
- Utilizing local sources for the menu
- Allowable Oils or Fats used to cook (Coconut oil, Lard, Tallow, or Olive) and avoidance of processed oils (Canola, Soy, Safflower)
- Cross contamination awareness and how it affects those with a food intolerance.
- Staff trained to handle those on a special diet
- A willingness of staff to work with the customers to augment menu choices as needed (We know what we can have we just may have questions on how something is cooked or with what ingredients)
- Selling products from local farms or local artisans
Health and Wellness facilities
- Comprehension of the Paleo Diet
- Utilizing supplements that are as clean as possible
- Practices that are in line with the Paleo lifestyle
Are you offering something other than the categories above that may fit into this lifestyle? Most of us strive to be clean and green in our everyday lifestyle. Paleo extends beyond food in many ways. It is a way of life. If you have something else to offer, please let us know and we'll see if we can find a way to get you into the directory.